1. What did you do in 2006 that youâ€™d never done before?
Lived in North Carloina.
2. Did you keep your new yearâ€™s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last years was to not buy anymore books till I read the ones I already own. Yeah that went out the window really quick. I think this new year I will have the resolution to make realistic resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Seems as though half of my friends gave birth this year, all boys too. Soon David and Rebecca will have a little girl! And I just found out Kathleen and Josh are having a little girl too!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Grandpa last Janunary. It was a hard month to start the year.
5. What countries did you visit?
None, wish I had though. 2007 I hope to make it to DC and New York. (I know they are not othe countries but its traveling)
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Time. Since moving I felt like its been the busiest time of my life. Maybe thats what its like having a full time job, youth minstry and a full time boyfriend to jungle?
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan 2nd, the day my Grandpa passed away. June 12th, the day I left California. July1st-5th Kari’s birthday weekend, it was a lot of fun. September 11th, when Gwen got hit.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving to North Carloina and getting through all the crap with my car.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not knowing how to be there for my family when durning out rough times durning the year… and there were a handful. I just felt unable to help my parents or brother, so I felt like I failed.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My body didnt know what to do with all the new things it discovered in North Carloina, it felt like I was sick for the first months I lived there. Nothing like a new place and being sick far away from “home”.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I got my car in Janurary, that was great…love Gwen dispite the bad luck she seems to bring. I also bought a nice film camera from a friend that I adore (spite my new found love for Own the new ditigal).
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Every person who listened to me whine about car troubles does. Hate that its a running theme of 2006 but it happened a lot.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Gosh I dont know, but if I did I dont think I would publize it on my blog.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Developing film. Moving costs.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Thats a lot of reallys. I was excitied to move to NC but scared too. Visting Stars Hollow. Getting Gwen.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
I cant pick a song, I really tried but I cant. Im gonna go with mix cd: Mike and Kari’s mix for my drive from Ca to NC. I adore those three cds.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a)Happier. Being close to your boyfriend does that sorta thing.
b)Fatter. Which is intersting since usually when Im sad I eat more. I maybe I was sadder this year but dont over all think so.
c)Richer. I say this becasue I have a savings account. I think I mange my money better than I did last time I was out of my parents house. And its cheaper to live in the south.
18. What do you wish youâ€™d done more of?
Cleaned more, that seems to be my down fall. I lived in three different places this year none of which I seem to keep neat enough to make my life feel in order. Isnt there something about how you keep your home/car is how your life feels?
19. What do you wish youâ€™d done less of?
Not returning phone calls and emails. I hate the amount of them that went unanswered, hope to improve that soon.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas in California with Jason and my family. It was wonderful.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
With North Carolina, yes.
22. How many one-night stands?
Really? This is a question?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office, Gilmore Girls, House MD, Amazing Race, Project Runway and How I Met Your Mother
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didnâ€™t hate this time last year?
I dont think Ive hated anyone even I did I wouldnt share it for all the world to see.
25. What was the best book you read?
To Own a Dragon by Don Miller and Contemplative Youth Minstry by Mark Yaconelli I really didnt really a lot this year… I hope to keep a record next year of all the books I read.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
M. Ward for sure. I didnt discover him though, Mike introduced me.
27. What did you want and get?
A new camera but didnt expect it but low and behold I got one!
28. What did you want and not get?
Some books. But this is the perk of having your birthday so close to Christmas. More presents will come soon.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Devil Wears Prada and Little Miss Sunshine (I looked through list of 2006 movies I didnt see nearly as many movies as I usually do. I guess thats good?)
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24. Jace and I had a joint birthday party.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Knowing my girls more in my small group. It takes time, and we’re getting there but I wish I were closer to them.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
More earth tones have made it into my clothes more than ever this year. I really like earth tones though but I still have splash of other colors outside of those.
33. What kept you sane?
Good music and lots of it.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I got really into Meryl Streep this year.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Nothing stirred me… I didnt register in NC in time to vote and I forget to get an mail in one from California so I didnt read up on anything. Heard a lot on the radio and from others, but those are opions not mine. As much as I loved studying goverment in school, Im suprised Im not more into political things than I am.
36. Who did you miss?
My family. I didnt know how much till I cried the night before I left California.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmmm hard to pick. Ive made some increadible friends in the other girl leaders at church, so I will have to say them.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
I cant think of just one, I feel like I have learned a lot this year. Between all my car troubles and moving to a new city theres a lot to learn.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Grows up like wild flowers, free and restless with the wind. I dont half reconize myself for this condition that Im in. ‘Casue its like a shelter above my head. Turn the sky and moon to red…but we walk the distance another day, the road is thin but does not give way…He walks with us make no mistake, He holds us when our hearts they brake.” All the Miles by Sandra McCracken